Facilitate efficient site investigations, supervise fieldwork, and ensure the highest quality of ground investigation data.
As a Geoenvironmental Consultant you will work on a variety of projects, often involving multiple technical teams, helping to deliver the highest quality of service. Your primary responsibility will be to assist engineers and site staff in all activities, ensuring all investigations are efficient, effective and result in obtaining the highest quality ground investigation data. This will involve:
- Arranging necessary permits, approvals, and permissions to facilitate site works.
- Obtaining a full understanding of job scope and contract information to enable precise instructions to be given to sub-contractors and other engineers prior to work commencing.
- Supervising fieldworks (including drilling rigs etc.) ensuring sub-contractors can achieve maximum output with the appropriate planning and communication.
- On site logging of samples and core; overseeing the digging and logging of pits; in-situ testing and taking of environmental and geotechnical samples of soil, water, and gas.
- Collating and presenting data such as drilling or engineering logs and other key information necessary to progress the contract, culminating with inclusion within factual and interpretive reports.
- Interpreting data and information within the boundaries of relevant training and experience.
Applicants should be qualified to BSc level in a relevant subject (geology, civil engineering, engineering geology, environmental science etc) supported by a minimum of 18 months experience in a similar role. A working knowledge of bespoke software such as Gint, Holebase etc in addition to Microsoft Office, which is essential. The successful candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Full UK Driving Licence is essential coupled with a willingness to support the team’s geographical areas on occasion as required.