Facilitate efficient site investigations, supervise fieldwork, and ensure the highest quality of ground investigation data.
As a Graduate, you will work on a variety of projects, often involving multiple technical teams, helping to deliver the highest quality of service. Your primary responsibility will be to assist engineers and site staff in all activities, ensuring all investigations are efficient, effective and result in obtaining the highest quality ground investigation data. This will involve:
- Site walkovers ahead of intrusive investigations.
- Assisting engineers with the preparation of site health and safety files.
- A full range of site supervision activities including logging of samples and core; overseeing the digging and logging of pits; in-situ testing and taking of environmental and geotechnical samples of soil, water, and gas.
- Gas and groundwater monitoring.
- Data entry including input of soil descriptions, in situ test results and sample information for the purpose of engineering log or chain of custody creation.
- Sorting and selecting samples for transmittal to environmental or geotechnical laboratories.
- Assisting engineers with the production of desk studies, factual and interpretive reports.
Applicants should be qualified to BSc level in a relevant subject (geology, civil engineering, engineering geology, environmental science etc). Any work experience is a plus but full on the job training will be provided. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential. The successful candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic with excellent written and verbal communication skills. A full UK Driving Licence is essential coupled with a willingness to support the team’s geographical areas as required.