Senior geoenvironmental consultant role leading a variety of projects, overseeing technical teams, ensuring timely contract delivery, interpreting data, and upholding quality standards.
As a Senior Geoenvironmental Consultant you will lead on a variety of projects, often involving multiple technical teams, delivering the highest quality of service whilst facilitating timely delivery of contracts. This will involve:
- Full contract setup, including understanding of financial and time obligations from contract inception to completion
- Ensuring necessary permits, approvals and permissions are complete to facilitate contracts
- Assisting engineers and site staff in all activities, ensuring the efficient running of investigations to obtain high quality ground investigation data
- Leading on Quality Assurance – including checking data prior to transfer to staff or client
- Preparation of factual and interpretive reporting (interpreting data and information within the boundaries of relevant training and experience)
- In conjunction with line manager, developing the necessary skills to progress relevant interpretation of data via internal and/or external training
- Tendering of work to clients including collating supplier costs and ensuring approved supplier status
- Training junior staff members in areas of core competency and gaining knowledge from senior staff in those areas of less experience.
Applicants should be qualified to BSc or higher in a relevant subject (geology, civil engineering, engineering geology, environmental science etc) supported by substantial work experience in a similar role (both site and office based). In addition, you should possess a solid understanding of relevant British Standards and industry best practice guidance in addition to a working knowledge of bespoke software such as Gint, Holebase etc. The successful candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and will ideally be Chartered or working towards Chartership. Full UK Driving Licence is essential coupled with a willingness to support the team’s geographical areas on occasion as required.